Certificate of Completion
1 Year Access
"Most people are occupied by the external world that they don't realize that there is a very rick world within themselves, in this stage, we relax, let go, and learn to appreciate that we have an internal universe ." - Eva Wong
This is one module of the 200-Hour Practitioner/Educator Certificate (3 modules total). Students are introduced to the foundations of Eastern Medicine, practical movement exercises for self-cultivation, personal healing, and wellbeing of body and mind. As the program progresses, students are introduced to techniques for working with others using energy tonification, purging, regulation and cultivation of energy and the associated protocols.
- 16 On-Demand Video Lectures, covering 15 + hours of lecture content
- Students are welcome to join additonal "live zoom" classes when available during that year
- Comprehensive Course Manual
- Required & Recommended Textbooks - link to purchase provided on enrolment
- Self-Guided Exercises to enhance and engage learning
- 1 Comprehensive Final Quiz - open book, with unlimited attempts permitted. Take and re-take this quiz multiple times for comprehensive learning.
- Case Study Review
- Enjoy a 'Self-Directed Learning Model' - study at your own pace, in your own time
- Additional personal practice requirements
- Develop a personal practice of Qigong for one's own health and wellbeing
- Begin to develop tools, skills and practices to share Qigong with others
- Learn Qi healing protocols, energy sensing mapping
- Acquire purging and townifying skills
- Gain an understanding of meditation, breathwork as applied to Qigong and for one's health and wellbeing
- Gain effective health assessment tools and skills
- Apply a trauma-informed approach to wellness practice
Who is this course ideal for?
- Health professionals (Yoga teachers, Massage Therapists, Clinical Herbalists, Acupuncturists, etc.) looking to incorporate Qigong into their practice
- Those curious about learning the benefits of Qigong and acquiring a personal practice
- Those interested in teaching Qigong classes
- Those interested in increasing their understanding of meditation and breathwork for wellbeing
Meet Your Instructors
HENRY CLAFLIN TCMP
Henry has studied and practiced a variety of Internal Healing Arts for over a decade and is a Tai Chi, Qi Gong, and Mindfulness Movement instructor with a private practice as a Practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine. He is a certified acupuncturist, herbalist, and Tui na massage practitioner, with advanced training in fertility, cancer care and HIV/AIDS support. He completed a one-year internship with Dr. Wang Ju-yi, founder and director of the Applied Channel Theory Research Center and studied martial arts and qi gong with masters in Beijing and at the famous Wudang Mountain, the birthplace of Daoism.
SANDRA DUMONT RAc., Qigong & Yoga Teacher
Sandra Dumont is a registered Acupuncturist, who practices Japanese Style acupuncture. Sandra is a Yoga Teacher & Medical Qigong Practitioner and teacher who has trained with Kenneth Cohen, Chuen Sat Hon and many other teachers in Qigong, Yoga and Martial Arts. Sandra has over 4000 hours of teaching classes, and has developed yoga and qigong programs that intertwine the yin/feminine and yang/masculine aspects of the practices.
Kenneth Cohen, Qigong Teacher, Author (GUEST INSTRUCTOR)
Kenneth S. Cohen (Gao Han) is a world-renowned health educator, China scholar, and Qigong Grandmaster with more than fifty years experience. A former collaborator with Alan Watts, he is the author of the internationally acclaimed book The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing, best-selling audio and video courses (Sounds True), and more than 200 journal articles. He offers lectures, workshops, classes, and teacher training as well as healing and consultations in Colorado, California and throughout the world.