Certificate of Completion
4 Month Access
"Sound is the force of creation.....and therefore, the optimal way to reach this final stage of healing." - Hazrat Inayat Khan
This training introduces a wide range of techniques for anyone interested in learning how to facilitate a variety of sound healing sessions or workshops. These include sound baths, relaxation and healing sessions, therapeutic sound healing for a variety of groups, therapeutic voice work, voice-scapes. The program was developed to bring the healing qualities of sound to individuals, organizations, treatment facilities & health centres, particularly those focused on addiction, trauma and mental health recovery and end of life care.
- Immediate access
- On-Demand Video Lectures, covering 30 + hours of lecture content
- Comprehensive Course Manual
- Recommended Textbooks - link to purchase provided on enrolment
- Self-Guided Exercises to enhance and engage learning
- 1 Comprehensive Final Quiz - open book, with unlimited attempts permitted. Take and re-take this quiz multiple times for comprehensive learning.
- Enjoy a 'Self-Directed Learning Model' - study at your own pace, in your own time
- *20 hour requirement of practice (including 20 case study/reflection submissions.
- *Attend 2 public sound baths/2 private sessions and submit reflection (virtual sessions accepted)
- Training in sound therapy principles combined with Eastern Medicine, Mindfulness and Neuroscience
- Learn the skills and gain the tools to share sound as a form of wellness and healing
- Learn to work with a variety of instruments including crystal singing bowls, voice, mantra, drums, chimes
- Training in using Voice for personal healing, and to incorporate in sessions
- Introduction to Acupressure points and their use in individual/groups sessions
- Business Skills in building a sound wellness practice
- Gain effective health assessment tools and skills via Eastern Medical Theories
- Apply a trauma-informed approach to wellness practice
Who is this course ideal for?
- Health professionals (Yoga teachers, Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists, Reiki Practitioners etc.) looking to incorporate soundwork into their practice
- Those curious about learning the benefits of Sound and music and acquiring a personal practice
- Those interested in increasing their understanding of voice work for wellbeing and empowerment
- *No music experience necessary
Meet Your Instructors
Mytrae, author, psychotherapist, sound therapist, is a classically trained musician, who teaches the foundations of soundwork and voice training for empowerment and is a women’s empowerment teacher and speaker. Her decades of experience in studying and teaching music, sound and therapy provides students with both the theoretical and practical know-how to apply sound in a trauma-informed, healing and effective way.
Gary has worked for over three decades as an expressive arts therapist. His work combines counselling, mindful practices, and music as medicine. Gary’s current publication is entitled Tuning the Eardrums – Listening as a Mindful Practice. The content of Gary’s work has been shared in communities affected by conflict in both Africa and Israel. At home, Gary has supported autistic clients at Toronto’s Geneva Centre, cancer patients at SickKids Hospital, and addiction recovery groups.
Jen is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine with decades of experience supporting people with mental health conditions and emotional trauma. She works with a variety of tools including acupuncture, herbs and nutritional therapy, within a trauma-informed, anti-oppressive approach, and guides students in ways to incorporate a trauma-informed approach into their practices.
Gary, founder of Wisdom of the World Wellness, is an Emmy award-winning composer, public speaker, and music and health innovator who champions the power of music to promote health, wellness, and compassion. He is redefining the role of music in life’s challenging transitions at the individual and institutional levels. Gary is best known for the acclaimed classic, Graceful Passages, considered the finest work of its kind, it has touched nearly a million people by offering support during the many phases of loss.
Michaela is a trained Musician, Sound Therapist and Yoga Teacher who combines her skills to create group and individual sound sessions. She is deeply passionate about and commited to sharing Soundwork with marginizalized communities.
Kerry Dorey is a Sound Therapist and Musician who spent 25 years working as an actor and singer on many of the major stages across Canada and has divided his time between musical and classical theater. He brings his gifts of spoken word, poetry, contemplative mindfulness training and musical creativity to his soundscapes.
As a Sound Therapist, Kyra applies her training in Eastern Medicine into her practice of sound therapy. She offers sound baths and private sessions that include various instruments, Eastern Medicine Theory and Tuning Fork Therapy.
Is a Yoga Teacher, Sound Therapist and Gong Teacher. She combines her decades of training to provide group and private sessions in sound wellness and healing. She is the facilitator of ITM's Gong Training Certificate.
Is an Eastern Medicine Practitioner, with training in Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine. She has spent decades working with teachers and Elders globally, in the areas of Ayurveda, Yoga, Breathwork, TCM, Elemental Studies. She offers group and private session in soundwork, as well as leads Women's Circles globally.