Certificate of Completion
1 Year Access
"Mother Earth's medicine chest is full of healing herbs of incomparable worth." - Robin Rose Benner
In this Medicine Making Workshop (Part 1), we explore various herbal medicines which can be used topically, and includes hands-on demonstrations. Various herbal applications will be covered, including medicinal oils, salves, and balms for topical application. All methods covered can be made from any standard kitchen - easy to make and employ at home! Additional content covered includes: recommended resources, sourcing herbs and product ingredients, quality control, and the therapeutic qualities of the medicinal products which are demonstrated. Following Part 1, students will have a comprehensive understanding of how to make their own topical herbal medicines, and are encouraged to begin!
- 3 Hours of on-demand video lecture
- Hands-on demonstrations
- Step by step instructions
- Therapeutic applications of the medicine being demonstrated (when to use, with whom, how, etc.)
- Resources and recipes provided
- Learn how to make your own natural medicine products!
- Learn ethical, sustainable, and natural ways to make your own topical medicine: including oils, salves, and balms.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of what tools, materials, and resources are required to make various products.
- Receive step by step guided instructions on how to make herbal products, and see these steps demonstrated.
- Learn about the therapeutic healing properties of various herbal remedies.
- Gain access to recommended resources, a list of trusted suppliers, and examples recipes to guide and inspire.
Who is this course ideal for?
- Members of the public who are interested in making their own medicine and healing products.
- Those seeking to transform their personal body care regime to be more natural and 'clean'.
- Individuals looking to feel more empowered by making medicine for their own personal needs, and for the needs of their family and friends.
- Anyone looking to learn more about herbal medicine and how to incorporate it into their lives, families, and communities.
Meet Your Instructor
ALEXIS COFFEY, RH
Alexis is a Clinical Herbalist and the Program Director of Therapeutic Herbal Medicine programs at the Institute of Traditional Medicine. Alexis holds professional membership with the Ontario Herbalist Association (OHA) and practices in Toronto, bringing plant medicine, natural health practices, lifestyle and nutritional guidance to her clients to support them through both chronic and acute health conditions.