1 Month Access
"What if understanding our bodies could change the way we treated them?"
This course is an introduction to Anatomy on Purpose -a felt sense approach to knowing your body.
It carries us all our lives. Yet, many of us know very little about it. Those in the health fields have all studied Anatomy – we’ve memorized parts and locations and functions. But do we really know the body…our body?
The course offers us a deeper insight, experience, understanding of our bodies, while also providing us with the clinical application of this learning.
In Western Medicine the ‘body/anatomy” is generally viewed as individual parts…when in reality – everything is in relationship. This course shifts the way we think about the study of anatomy away from memorization and towards a felt sense understanding of our various parts and how they relate. This shift in learning approach has proven useful in clinical settings and also with regards to personal/individual wellness and the way we approach movement, exercise and health in our lives.
If you’ve ever wanted to take a deep dive into understanding how our body works, how we can identify imbalances and regain health, for you or your clients…this intro class if for you.
- 6 on-demand video lectures
- Link to Know Your Body Intake Form
- CEUS avail.
Learn more about how your body works
- Develop sensitivity to how you are feeling, where the imbalances may be in your body
- Discover the interdependent nature of the body
- Explore how the body and breath and mind work together to create health
- Learn about the 3 main centres of the body
- Practitioners will gain a deeper insight into beginning an intake assessment and relating the symptoms to core imbalances
Who is this course ideal for?
- Anyone interested in health and wellness
- Anyone interested in learning about their own bodies, and developing a felt sense of how everything works
- Integrative Health Practitioners seeking a more integrative approach to anatomy/the body and how it can be applied in the clinical setting.
- Yoga teachers, massage therapists, acupuncturists, sound therapy practitioners
- Anyone interested in improving your own health and healing
Meet Your Instructor
Jill Bodak M.OMSc., HBK, M.Sc. Kin (Candidate) a Practitioner of Osteopathy, creator of Anatomy on Purpose, writer, has been in private practice for a decade. Jill has spent the last 15 years studying human movement. Jill’s previous work as an Anatomy Instructor, Certified Personal Trainer and Movement Teacher inform her practice in an ongoing way. She is currently focused on new ways of teaching people about the overlap of breath, body and sound through the lens of anatomy. She currently studies the role of voice and sound in structural health. Jill is most inspired by her clinical work with stroke recovery, anatomy education and writing about what it means to be human.