6 Months Access
"The treatments themselves do not cure the condition, they simply restore the body's self-healing ability." Leon Chaitow
There are options when dealing with a cancer/chronic disease diagnosis.
The most updated Western scientific approach to cancer treatments is Immunotherapy: a type of cancer treatment that helps your immune system “fight" cancer.
This is not new to Traditional Medicine/Integrative Health Practitioners - our approach to disease/cancer has always been to support the body’s immune system to do its job effectively to protect, eliminate, strengthen - the body and mind.
Research also confirms that "stress reduction, eating a healthy diet, exercise, and a positive support network can substantially improve quality of life and optimize recovery for cancer patients."
Given the high incidence of cancer diagnosis, almost everyone has a friend or family member living with cancer. This course will offer an overview of the types of cancers, diagnosis, and an integrative approach, including nutrition, herbal medicine, psycho-emotional elements, to address prevention and care. Many of the protocols and guidelines can be followed for most chronic conditions.
- 6+ On-Demand Video Lectures
- Comprehensive Course Manual Notes
- Online Quiz Assessments to deepen your comprehension and retention of the material
- Enjoy a 'Self-Directed Learning Model' - study at your own pace, in your own time
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of cancer pathogenesis.
- Learn treatment principles and approaches unique to clients living with cancer, including herbal medicine, dietary considerations, lifestyle guidance and other modalities.
- Gain an understanding of current cancer care statistics, treatments, and outcomes
- Further develop your ability to research illnesses, create integrative treatment plans, and create comprehensive case studies for this specific population.
- CEUS for Integrative Health Practitioners (Incl. TCM, Acupuncture)
Who is this course ideal for?
- Anyone curious about the prevention, treatment, and recovery from cancer.
- Anyone living with cancer/chronic illness seeking to incorporate support modalities into their health care plan.
- Health professionals (TCM Practitioners, MDs, Registered Nurses, Massage Therapists, Clinical Herbalists, Acupuncturists, etc.) looking to further support clients.
Meet Your Instructor
Angela has been treating, educating and empowering people about their health for the past 2 decades. She holds a private practice in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Transformational Coaching, and owns Urban Wellness, a multi-disciplinary health clinic in downtown Toronto. Angela is a presenter, lecturer and workshop facilitator for various platforms including television. Angela has also trained at the InspireHealth Cancer Care Clinic.